Mangum’s Transport Coordinator is responsible for managing available company assets including equipment and personnel in such a manner as to maximize operational availability for internal and external customers. The Transport Coordinator maintains operational oversight to prioritize and direct available assets to meet customer needs in the most efficient and effective manner while maximizing profitability for each truck each day. The Transport Coordinator is the primary point of contact for truck availability and assignment of assets to short or long term project commitments. In addition, the coordinator may help qualify customers and develop lasting, professional relationships with internal and external customers.
- The Transport Coordinator will assimilate equipment needs and scheduling from Project Managers and allocate equipment and personnel resources necessary to complete the project, commensurate with requirements, regulations and schedule.
- Take information from the “Inside Salesman” and advise of equipment and availability for addressing immediate customer needs.
- Maintain situational awareness and respond to opportunities and impediments impacting the schedule for pick up and delivery and make adjustments as needed to optimize efficiency and assure customer satisfaction.
- Advise Project Managers and salesmen of available trucks in order that they may contact their respective customers to fill those trucks.
- Analyze trucks, trailers, drivers, loads and time frames to be the most efficient for Mangum’s Inc.
- Maintain clear and continuous communication with the dispatcher to facilitate timely and efficient transport operations
- Communicate with drivers for clarifications and direction as needed via text, phone or email.
- Field phone calls as necessary from drivers and customers while the salesmen and dispatcher are busy.
- Develop and maintain a strong mastery of dispatch, communication and load management software.
If you’re ready to apply, please click here to submit your application at the bottom of the Careers page.
Need Reliable Transportation Support?
Need a partner you can trust? Give us a call. We’ll take it from here.