The Towing Operator will be responsible for the professional operation of wreckers, rollbacks, and other company equipment, as assigned and as instructed. He/she will coordinate duties and responsibilities with the dispatch department. The Towing Operator will answer to the Towing Manager of the company.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Have and maintain Class A CDL license issued by the State of NC and a driving record acceptable to the Company and its insurance company.
- Must be flexible and available to work all assigned hours. Scheduled hours will necessarily include any portions of a 24 hour day, 7 days a week.
- Have knowledge and understanding of, and comply with OSHA safety laws, rules and regulations in the performance of duties. Ensure no harm to oneself and/or to others.
- Wear proper PPE (personal protective equipment). Follow all safety policies and procedures.
- Have general mechanical knowledge to ensure the most effective action for the customer and the company.
- Must be able to tow all types of vehicles including automobiles, tractor/trucks, trailers, RVs, buses, etc. in an efficient and productive manner. Work with others as required at wreck scenes, recoveries, and transloads.
- Promptly and professionally address customer needs to ensure their satisfaction. Customer satisfaction is of utmost importance.
- Work as directed with other Mangum’s, Inc. companies and employees in the performance of their duties (Road Service, Transport, Repair Shop).
- Timely complete all required paperwork associated with assigned duties, including complete electronic invoicing and communicating with dispatchers, customer signatures, payments at time of service, photographs, etc. as directed. It is priority that invoicing be timely, complete, and accurate.
- Maintain a safe, clean, neat, and orderly truck, inside and outside.
- Job responsibilities require coordination with dispatchers, management, and administrative staff.
- Participate in meetings, seminars, and conferences as required.
- Promote the company’s mission and values at all times with staff and customers.
We exist to resolve our customers’ needs by providing prompt, comprehensive transportation services and support.
- Trustworthy – faithful to our work
- Adaptable – creative solutions
- Passionate – unwavering ownership to provide resolution
To be a team committed to building Mangum’s, Inc. into the premier transportation service and support brand.
If you’re ready to apply, please click here to submit your application at the bottom of the Careers page.
Need Reliable Transportation Support?
Need a partner you can trust? Give us a call. We’ll take it from here.