Road Service Technician
A Road Service Technician will have the ability and qualifications to perform diagnostics and repairs on trucks, trailers, and equipment. The technician will receive direction and instruction from dispatchers and others in the performance of his or her duties. A Road Service Technician will answer to the Road Service Manager.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Emergency roadside repair on vehicles due to breakdown, malfunction, and tire failure.
- Perform diagnostic and operating tests prior to repairs and/or replacements.
- Have knowledge and understanding of, and comply with OSHA safety laws, rules and regulations in the performance of duties. Ensure no harm to oneself and/or to others.
- Wear proper PPE (personal proactive equipment), use tire cages. Follow all other safety policies and procedures.
- Repairs and replacements must be done in an efficient and professional manner.
- Timely complete all required paperwork associated with assigned duties, including complete electronic invoicing and communicating with dispatchers, customer signatures, payments at time of service, photographs, etc. as directed.
- Perform inspections (DOT) and preventive maintenance on customer and company owned vehicles and equipment when directed, to maximize safety, productivity, and the life of the unit.
- Assist with towing needs as directed including wrecks, recoveries, and transloads.
- Assist with repair shop needs as directed including repairs, replacements, and maintenance.
- Assist with transport heavy haul needs including repairs, replacements, and maintenance of trucks, trailers, and dolly swapping or stacking (may include use of forklift).
- Maintain a safe, clean, neat, and orderly truck, inside and outside.
- Must adhere to a flexible work schedule that includes 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Must have and maintain a driving record acceptable to the Company and its insurance carrier.
- Job responsibilities require coordination with dispatchers, management, and administrative staff.
- Attend and participate in meetings and conferences as required.
- Promptly and professionally address customer needs to ensure their satisfaction. Customer satisfaction is of utmost importance.
- Promote the Company’s mission and values at all times withy staff and customers.
If you’re ready to apply, please click here to submit your application at the bottom of the Careers page.
Need Reliable Transportation Support?
Need a partner you can trust? Give us a call. We’ll take it from here.