Heavy Haul Driver
A Heavy Haul Driver will have the ability and qualifications to operate a tractor trailer and a straight truck. A driver will receive direction and instruction from dispatchers and others in the performance of his or her duties. A Heavy Haul Driver will answer to the Driver Manager of the company.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Loading and unloading heavy equipment, tanks, buildings, transformers, construction equipment, and/or FAK (freight all kinds).
- Comply with all legal and safety requirements of mechanically securing transported loads.
- Be proficient in knowledge and understanding of laws, rules, and regulations mandated by Federal and State agencies.
- Comply with all safety rules and regulations in the performance of assigned duties, to ensure no harm to oneself and/or to others.
- Timely complete all required paperwork associated with assigned transporting duties, including electronic log book, inspection reports, dispatch sheets, customer delivery documents and rental contracts.
- Maintain a safe, clean, neat, and orderly truck, inside and outside.
- Perform duties as directed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Must adhere to a flexible work schedule that includes local hauling and over-the-road hauling.
- Must maintain a Class A CDL driver’s license
- Must have and maintain a driving record acceptable to Mangum’s, Inc. and its insurance carrier.
- Job responsibilities require coordination with dispatchers, project managers, sales and with management and administrative staff.
- Attend and participate in meetings and conferences as required.
- Promptly and professionally address customer needs to ensure their satisfaction. Customer satisfaction is of utmost importance.
- Promote the Company’s mission and values at all times with staff and customers.
If you’re ready to apply, please click here to submit your application at the bottom of the Careers page.
Need Reliable Transportation Support?
Need a partner you can trust? Give us a call. We’ll take it from here.